Monday, May 3, 2010

Be Still And Know That I Am God

I often look about and feel frustrated and even angry at a world that seems bent on descending into chaos. Often I can recall some scripture that applies to it all as I witness this world boiling over it seems. I cannot fathom in this day and age how one could deny the truth of the Bible when everything we see happening in the world is told of, as we come closer to the final fulfillment of scripture. The Bible tells us that mankind will be scurrying to and fro, that evil will be called good and good evil. Reading about it all is one thing, but to actually witness it is altogether another. A world seemingly spinning out of control.

Sometimes I suffer from prophecy overload. I watch for the next event on the prophecy forecast, and am overwhelmed at the multitude of prophetic signs that either have happened or align themselves to happening. Yet the frustration builds as the world denies the truth. The scriptures tell us that scoffers will declare that it has always been the same now as in the past. There is nothing new under the sun. I read the news and get angry when I see a state has passed law that merely authorizes local law enforcement to enforce existing law, and yet this is an evil thing, but those who break the law are called victims. Unless I had seen it with my own eyes, I couldn’t begin to understand.

It truly seems to be a hopeless chaotic world out there. I ask The Lord to speak to me. Protect and guide my family and me. I ask Him to give me wisdom, to give me the right words to say as He brings me opportunity to tell others about Him. Then the chaos of life assaults me and I lose my focus, and ask again. Often satan wins his little skirmishes by distracting us from our purpose. I have often heard preachers tell that if satan can’t make us stumble then he will attempt to make us ineffective for God.

As I pray, often it is with questions, Lord, how do I, when do I, what should I…. And lately He seems to answer with His calming peace, speaking to my heart. Be still, and know that I am God. When our world is turned upside down and nothing seems to work, it is time to just sit quietly in the presence of the Lord and know He is there. It is in these times that He gives me peace and tells me to just wait on Him. It is that peace that surpasses all understanding. It is calm and comfort in the midst of the storm.

It is His answers that teach me to trust in Him, not myself.
Lord, how do I…. Be still? Sit and prayerfully listen for His voice.
Lord when do I? You don’t, He will.
Lord what should I? Not you, but Me says the Lord.

I still need reminding that I must let God lead me before I am to do, or say anything. How else can I learn to hear Him as He directs, if I don’t first learn Him, learn to hear His voice, if I don’t first sit quiet in His presence and wait for Him to speak. It is that daily building of a relationship that makes His voice more familiar to me each day. Jesus said “My sheep know my voice.” As I spend more time in quiet prayer and study of scriptures, I learn His voice and recognize Him talking to me even in the middle of chaos and turmoil. But in order to know His voice, I must first be still.

“But they that wait upon the Lord shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run, and not be weary; and they shall walk, and not faint.” Isaiah 40:31


Simply walking in faith,
Ray

No comments: